Subject: Re: Lightwave for PC
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 01:49:07 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

Angelito So <[email-masked]> asks:

>  will it be compatiable with Windows 95 ie. 32bit not the win 3.1,
>  3.11 or wfw 3.11 16 bit sh*t.

PC LW will run in Windows NT and in Windows 3.x (and apparently, OS/2
Warp) using Win32s, so yes, for what it's worth, it'll be 32-bit.
What Windows 95 will be is still anybody's guess.

>  Also why is it so much more expensive then what I could buy for my
>  AMIGA?

There are several ways to answer this:

 * Amiga owners are spoiled rotten by fire sale prices.
 * The non-Amiga price is still on the low end for quality 3D, and
   buyers shopping for quality are suspicious of low prices.
 * Making LightWave multi-platform takes extra work that Amiga owners
   aren't being asked to pay for.
 * The higher price attracts upscale resellers.
 * The price isn't that much higher.

Take your pick.

- Ernie